24 May, 2011

Goodbyes and welcomings


Agustin de Hipona used to say: “Give from what you have so that you may deserve to receive what you need”.  Lisa Meixner’s time spent volunteering with the organisation has come to an end and we want to thank her for being with us, for following us in our activities, for her affection, for playing with the children, for her solidarity, for our conversations, for singing with us and helping with our work; for the journeys shared and her criticality, for the laughs, and more.

We look forward to seeing you next year.


Over two months I had the possibility to gain an idea of the work of the Network of Rural Libraries of Cajamarca.  In two months I’ve had the chance to see the country and get to know the people, the communities and their different traditions.  In these two months I’ve also had the chance to connect with this country.

I want to say thank you to all the members of the Rural Libraries and the Community Programme for their kindness, their spirit and their patience; to everyone for teaching me and giving me these opportunities!  I will never forget this time, these experiences, this country and these people.  I’m excited to think about coming back next year.  Many thanks to the whole community of the network of Rural Libraries!

Lisa Meixner   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.